none
The client-side extension could not remove computer policy settings RRS feed

• Question

• Hello im having troubles in windows 2008 group policy.

My application event viwer reports error "8194 - The client-side extension could not remove computer policy settings" many times. i run "RSOP" and returns one error in:

Computer configuration ( Group Policy Registry Failed ) 

The client-side extension could not remove computer policy settings {6429C224-72B9-4F83-AF93-FAD9028E55C2}' because it failed with error code '0x8007000d The data is invalid.'%%100790275.

Can someone help me?

My system event viwer reports a warning.

"Windows failed to apply the Group Policy Registry settings. Group Policy Registry settings might have its own log file. Please click on the "More information" link."

Friday, May 29, 2009 1:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my search, this error 8194 may be caused by corrupt data file of GPO {6429C224-72B9-4F83-AF93-FAD9028E55C2}. Let’s try the steps below for troubleshooting.

1.    On DC, open GPMC, find GPO {6429C224-72B9-4F83-AF93-FAD9028E55C2}, if it’s not linked to any object, you can try to delete it and test. Run "gpupdate .force".
    2.    If it still linked, open SYSVOL\DOMAIN\Policies folder, find {6429C224-72B9-4F83-AF93-FAD9028E55C2}, and check all files in this folder to make sure there is no empty file.  If there is empty file, try to delete the empty file and test.

If the issue persists, on clients, let’s try to remove keys under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GroupPolicy\History

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GroupPolicy\History

Restart the client and test.

If the issue persists, help to collect the following information for research.

1.    Download proper MPS Report tool from the website below.

Microsoft Product Support Reports
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CEBF3C7C-7CA5-408F-88B7-F9C79B7306C0&displaylang=en

2.    Double-click to run it, if requirement is not met, please follow the wizard to download and install them. After that, click Next, when the "Select the diagnostics you want to run" page appears, select "General", Server Components, click Next.

3.    After collecting all log files, choose "Save the results", choose a folder to save <Computername>MPSReports.cab file. Please use Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/) to upload the file and then give us the download address.

Thanks.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, June 1, 2009 10:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my search, this error 8194 may be caused by corrupt data file of GPO {6429C224-72B9-4F83-AF93-FAD9028E55C2}. Let’s try the steps below for troubleshooting.

1.    On DC, open GPMC, find GPO {6429C224-72B9-4F83-AF93-FAD9028E55C2}, if it’s not linked to any object, you can try to delete it and test. Run "gpupdate .force".
    2.    If it still linked, open SYSVOL\DOMAIN\Policies folder, find {6429C224-72B9-4F83-AF93-FAD9028E55C2}, and check all files in this folder to make sure there is no empty file.  If there is empty file, try to delete the empty file and test.

If the issue persists, on clients, let’s try to remove keys under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GroupPolicy\History

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GroupPolicy\History

Restart the client and test.

If the issue persists, help to collect the following information for research.

1.    Download proper MPS Report tool from the website below.

Microsoft Product Support Reports
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CEBF3C7C-7CA5-408F-88B7-F9C79B7306C0&displaylang=en

2.    Double-click to run it, if requirement is not met, please follow the wizard to download and install them. After that, click Next, when the "Select the diagnostics you want to run" page appears, select "General", Server Components, click Next.

3.    After collecting all log files, choose "Save the results", choose a folder to save <Computername>MPSReports.cab file. Please use Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/) to upload the file and then give us the download address.

Thanks.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, June 1, 2009 10:11 AM
  • thanks Mevyn im going to try your resolution and after that i give you some feedback.

IF i need i place the files in live sky drive.

Best regards
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 9:52 AM
  • I have been searching for over a month for this solution and finally one site showed the problem.  It all related to the GPO Cache. See  linkhttp://www.orcsweb.com/blog/rick/resolving-group-policy-error-0x8007000d/

JohnCCTSIT

Friday, November 15, 2013 2:25 PM