none
Release date on RD Client v9.3.9 on IOS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Are the release date for the new version 9.3.9 of RD client on IOS known?

I have a client with a setup that includes 2 x RDGateway / 2 x RDweb and 25 AppHosts.

One of their use-cases involves accessing applications through Ipad's using RD client.

After upgrading the 2 RDGateway servers with MS security updates, they are no longer able to get access through RD client on IOS. The RD client are able to display apps when setting up the Resource Feed, but trying to launch an app and the RD client will continue to prompt for Username/Password, giving Incorrect password as an error each time.

I have enabled NPS auditing on the RDgateway servers, but they don't record any bad login attempts from RD clients.

Connection attempts from other device types are generating successful login attempts in the RDGateway logs.

I have tested the Beta RD Client v.9.3.9 available through TestFlight on IOS devices and it works without changing anything within the RDS solution. 

Friday, March 8, 2019 11:31 AM

All replies

• hi.
    can you download and install Version 10.2.9 (1575) remote desktop Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac
    Version 10.2.9 (1575) and check if there is the same question.
    Microsoft Remote Desktop download link
    https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/5e0c144289a51fca2d3bfa39ce7f2b06/
    we can also contact Apple Remote Desktop - Official Apple Support for this question .
    Apple Remote Desktop - Official Apple Support
    https://support.apple.com/en-sg/remote-desktop
    Manage Macs Remotely Using Apple Remote Desktop
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TArMYl1RsUE
    Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 11, 2019 6:44 AM
  • Is there anything to help you?

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 18, 2019 7:42 AM
  • Is there anything to help you?

Friday, March 22, 2019 10:02 AM
  • Hi Andy,

Sorry I forgot about this post.

Sadly nothing has changed over the past 8 months and my client was forced to revert to Windows 2012 R2 for the gateway functionality.

The original Windows 2016 gateway servers still won't allow IOS RD client access to published apps, unless it is the new version IOS RD client app from Apple's testflight store.

The client don't use any MAC computers so the comment on that part is not relevant.

When an Ipad or iPhone is connected to LAN everything works as expected, but connection from WAN(trough RD gateway 2016) won't work, but a Windows 10 PC works just fine.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 11:04 AM