Hi,I have Installed Windows Server 2008 with WDS Configured, I already can install Windows Vista, Windows 2008 and Windows 7 (No tested) over Network, but i need configure Windows XP SP2 Image (WIM).What is the correct process to generate this file?Thanks,
It is similar to deploying Windows Vista/Server 2008/7.
1. Add the default Windows 2008 boot image to WDS.
2. Create Capture Boot Image and add it to boot image.
3. Create a Windows XP reference computer (install the operating system, applications, and make any other changes).
4. Sysprep it.
5. PXE boot the reference computer into capture image on the boot screen and then capture the image.
6. Upload the captured image to WDS server.
7. Clients can PXE boot and select the Windows XP install image to install Windows XP now.
For detailed information, please refer to the following article:
Step-by-Step Guide for Windows Deployment Services in Windows Server 2003
This article is similar to the WDS deployment process in Windows Server 2008 and it includes how to deploy Windows XP through WDS.
Hope it helps.
Tim Quan - MSFT
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.
Would you like to participate?