none
Change RDP port from 3389 to 3390 RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I have configured RDS on windows server 2012 R2. Configured RDP port 3390 as i am already using 3389 for another service.

While accessing via remote desktop it work properly X.X.X.X:3390. but now I am not getting how to configure same for remote APP. as the apps are still sending request on port number 3389.

Thanks in Advance.

Friday, June 26, 2015 5:19 AM

Answers

• You can achieve this by collection.

In fact, there is a configuration file for each collection, and you can change the RDP port in this configuration file, but via powershell

Set-RDSessionCollectionConfiguration –CollectionName [[Collection Name]] –CustomRdpProperty “server port:i:[[Your Port ]]”

Example:

Set-RDSessionCollectionConfiguration –CollectionName "ToolsCollection" –CustomRdpProperty “server port:i:3390”

Regards, Samir Farhat || Datacenter Consultant || The way to share my knowledge with the community Visit my blog : buildwindows.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Umesh Bobade Friday, June 26, 2015 9:21 AM
    Friday, June 26, 2015 8:02 AM

All replies

• You can achieve this by collection.

In fact, there is a configuration file for each collection, and you can change the RDP port in this configuration file, but via powershell

Set-RDSessionCollectionConfiguration –CollectionName [[Collection Name]] –CustomRdpProperty “server port:i:[[Your Port ]]”

Example:

Set-RDSessionCollectionConfiguration –CollectionName "ToolsCollection" –CustomRdpProperty “server port:i:3390”

Regards, Samir Farhat || Datacenter Consultant || The way to share my knowledge with the community Visit my blog : buildwindows.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Umesh Bobade Friday, June 26, 2015 9:21 AM
    Friday, June 26, 2015 8:02 AM
  • Thanks a lot, its worked well.....
    Friday, June 26, 2015 9:21 AM
  • Hi,

Here is a related article below regarding RDS PowerShell cmdlets in case you need it in the future:

Remote Desktop Cmdlets in Windows PowerShell

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj215451.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396\

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 5:31 AM