none
How to add people to "Remote Desktop User Group in Server 2008"

Question

• Can not find how to add people in the remote desktop server group so terminal services will authenicate them
    Monday, July 19, 2010 7:44 PM

Answers

• Click Start, click Run, type lusrmgr.msc
    You can add user to the the Remote Desktop Users group.
    Close the Server Manager snap-in.

Click Start, click Run, type secpol.msc, and then click OK.
    Expand Local Policies, and then click User Rights Assignment.
    In the right pane, double-click Allow logon through Terminal Services. Make sure that the Remote Desktop Users group is listed.
    Click OK.
    In the right pane, double-click Deny logon through Terminal Services. Make sure that the Remote Desktop Users group is not listed, and then click OK.
    Close the Local Security Settings snap-in.

Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    Monday, July 19, 2010 8:47 PM
  • Right click on My Computer, choose Properties, and on the remote tab of the system properties, in the remote desktop section, click Select users.... then add the users.
    Hope this helps,

Kristin L. Griffin

Co-Author of the Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services Resource Kit (and a SUPER BIG fan of the Microsoft RDV Team!!!) 

My RDS blog: blog.kristinlgriffin.com
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:04 AM

All replies

• Click Start, click Run, type lusrmgr.msc
    You can add user to the the Remote Desktop Users group.
    Close the Server Manager snap-in.

Click Start, click Run, type secpol.msc, and then click OK.
    Expand Local Policies, and then click User Rights Assignment.
    In the right pane, double-click Allow logon through Terminal Services. Make sure that the Remote Desktop Users group is listed.
    Click OK.
    In the right pane, double-click Deny logon through Terminal Services. Make sure that the Remote Desktop Users group is not listed, and then click OK.
    Close the Local Security Settings snap-in.

Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    Monday, July 19, 2010 8:47 PM
  • Right click on My Computer, choose Properties, and on the remote tab of the system properties, in the remote desktop section, click Select users.... then add the users.
    Hope this helps,

Kristin L. Griffin

Co-Author of the Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services Resource Kit (and a SUPER BIG fan of the Microsoft RDV Team!!!) 

My RDS blog: blog.kristinlgriffin.com
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:04 AM