none
event id 1069 on windows 2016 server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I got an event id 1069 on Windows 2016 Server. This Windows 2016 RDS license server configured for per device license with specific RD license server. The RDS license server was activated and has 7 servers which use Session Host. No matter on RD License Server 2008 R2, also other servers. We tried just regular RDP to the console and always got the following error, on the event log of the RDSH.

--- event id 1069
    The RD Licensing grace period has expired and Licensing mode for the Remote Desktop Session Host server has not been configured. Licensing mode must be configured for continuous operation.

This server congifured Domain Environment and operated serveral years.

I don't know what I miss.

Monday, November 11, 2019 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

On your RD Session Host servers, please make sure that the Licensing mode has been configured and the FQDN of your RD Licensing server has been Specified.  For RDSH servers that are part of a session collection, you can do this on your broker via Server Manager -- RDS -- Overview -- Deployment Overview -- Tasks -- Edit Properties -- RD Licensing tab.

For RDSH servers that are not part of a collection, you may configure via group policy settings:

Computer Configuration\ Administrative Templates\ Windows Components\ Remote Desktop Services\ Remote Desktop Session Host\ Licensing\

Use the specified Remote Desktop license servers     Enabled

Set the Remote Desktop license mode     Enabled

For your 2008 R2 RDSH servers you may use RD Session Host Configuration (tsconfig.msc) or group policy settings shown above.

If you use group policy to configure things, please run gpupdate /force in an admin command prompt on the RDSH servers before testing to see if the issue is fixed.

Thanks.

-TP

Monday, November 11, 2019 7:37 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:39 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 1:32 AM