Anonymous access to remote Desktop Service Web Access site in Server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I deployed a Server 2008 R2 machine and installed RD Services and RD Web Access roles on it. Now when I try to access RD web access website, it takes me to a login page where I need to provide my credentials to access the website (For the record I am using 'Anonymous Access' in IIS).My main objective is to bypass this login page hence when end users access the website they are directly taken to the remoteapp page.

Now I remember in Non-R2 Server 2008 OS, the TS web access website could be configured easily for anonymous access but that doesn't seem to be the case for R2.

Please note that my Server 2008 R2 RD services machine is in different domain than my client machine (from which I am accessing the web access site). And as there is no trust relationship between the domains I can't use Windows Authentication method to bypass the login page. Hence I am wondering if this is possible in Server 2008 R2 or not?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:25 PM

All replies

• Hi. I'm trying to solve the same problem in another thread http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerwinserver7rcthreads/thread/9a7fc3c0-9537-4b82-939d-a92808e163a8

Judging by the responses so far, I fear it won't be possible in R2, which is IMHO very bad decision on MS's side and it complicates our business a lot.

Thursday, April 8, 2010 10:40 AM