none
RRAS: At least one network interface should be enabled RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.  I am strugeling a bit with a setup.  When I run the best practice analyzer I get this error:

Title:   RRAS: At least one network interface shpuld be enabled on the RRAS server
    Severity:  Error
    Category: Configuration

Details:
    Issue:
    All network interfaces on the Routing and Remote Access server are disabled.

Impact:
    If all network interfaces are disabled, then remote access clients cannot communicate with the RRAS server.

Resolution:
    Enable at least one network interface on the RRAS server.

I am able to ping out from the computers connected to the LAN interface.  I can allso connect computers on the WAN side using VPN, so everything seams to be working.  So whats the error saying?  Did I do anything wrong?

Note:  The RRAS is installed on a virtual host running Windows Server 2008 R2.  The host has its own dedicated NIC.

Any help would be very nice.

• Moved by Miles LiModerator Wednesday, June 30, 2010 1:55 AM (From:Windows Server 2008 R2 Networking)
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your post here.

From the description, you have a RRAS server with enabled/dedicated NIC installed as a VM on Windows Server 2008 R2 server. I believe you may safely ignore the error since it seems there are problems in best practice analyzer failing to acknowledge the virtual NIC on the VM.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 1:54 AM