none
Windows server RDP issues RRS feed

• Question

• We have a WSUS server that is on windows server 2008 r2 that will not allow any domain account to login through RDP. When I add a group or user to the remote settings page after i hit ok they change from domain account to a local account with an different icon. I have tried enabling these groups through local security policy and through gpo with no effect. Also when  try to login with my account which is part of the Remote desktop users, Domain Admins, and Enterprise Admins groups it will try to connect but complains that my password is wrong yet I can logon locally with the same credentials.

Any help appreciated.

• Edited by RCcola1987 Saturday, April 9, 2016 8:40 PM
    Saturday, April 9, 2016 8:32 PM

Answers

• Hi RCcola,

>When I add a group or user to the remote settings page after i hit ok they change from domain account to a local account with an different icon.

Do you have the same account name in local users and domain users?

> but complains that my password is wrong yet I can logon locally with the same credentials.

Do you confirm the account and password are correct?

You may also post a screenshot when you fail to connect to the WSUS server.

Besides, you may test if this method could help you RDP to the WSUS server:

On WSUS server, open mmc, add local users and group snap-in, then create an account, for example:

Add the account to group "Remote Desktop Users":

Also check related security settings on the WSUS server:

Then use this account to RDP to WSUS server.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 11, 2016 6:40 AM