none
Windows 2008 enterprise sysprep RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Iam a basic user of Windows server 2008 , just had a doubt in server 2008 with the sysprep application (%Systemroot/sysprep).

When i try to execute sysprep from command prompt after installation completed , it executed perfectly and i had given the Shutdown option as "Quit"  , System Clean Up action as "OoBE".

My problem is after completion of that when i try to lock the user , the user identity is disappeared

And when we try to switch user for the first time it asks to reset the password.

• Moved by Ronnie VernonMVP Thursday, February 3, 2011 2:29 AM Focus (From:Service Pack 1 RC for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2)
    • Moved by Tim QuanModerator Thursday, February 3, 2011 3:13 AM (From:Migration)
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 12:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It is expected when you run the sysprep /generalize on Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2, the built-in administrator account password is reset. The Sysprep tool only clears the built-in administrator account’s password for server editions, not for client editions. The next time the computer starts, Setup displays a prompt for a password.

Sysprep will restore the built-in Administrator account to default instead of deleting the built-in Administrator account. Sysprep does not delete existing user accounts except it restores the local Administrator account.

Tim Quan

Thursday, February 3, 2011 5:47 AM

All replies

• This forum is about Server 2008R2 Sp1. Is the issue relevant to this?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 1:49 PM
  • Hi,

It is expected when you run the sysprep /generalize on Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2, the built-in administrator account password is reset. The Sysprep tool only clears the built-in administrator account’s password for server editions, not for client editions. The next time the computer starts, Setup displays a prompt for a password.

Sysprep will restore the built-in Administrator account to default instead of deleting the built-in Administrator account. Sysprep does not delete existing user accounts except it restores the local Administrator account.

Tim Quan

Thursday, February 3, 2011 5:47 AM