none
Quorum

Question

• Hi, I've recently went from a 2 node CSV to a 3 node CSV and changed my quorum configuration to Node Majority as recommended.  

Does this mean I can safely remove the quorum LUN created for the 2 node CSV?

PS- For some reason my new host comes up as lowercase in Failover Cluster and VMM even though its upper case in AD and DNS, anyone know why this could be?

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 2:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, you can remove the quorum disk. And please also change the quorum type from “Node and Disk Majority” to “ Node Majority”.

For lowercase node name issue, this could happen when you add a node through UI. You can safely ignore this issue because it does not affect your normal usage. If you prefer to avoid this, you have to add all nodes at the same time or use cluster.exe with the server name in uppercase to add the new node.

Tim Quan

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.  

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, you can remove the quorum disk. And please also change the quorum type from “Node and Disk Majority” to “ Node Majority”.

For lowercase node name issue, this could happen when you add a node through UI. You can safely ignore this issue because it does not affect your normal usage. If you prefer to avoid this, you have to add all nodes at the same time or use cluster.exe with the server name in uppercase to add the new node.

Tim Quan

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.  

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:21 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? I have not heard back from you in a few days and wanted to check on the status of the issue. Please let me know how things turned out.

Tim Quan

Friday, December 17, 2010 9:53 AM
  • Thanks for your info Tim, I haven't tested this out yet as I'll be doing it during my next maintenance schecdule in January so will let you know the outcome then.

PS- is there no way to change the new node name from lower to upper post cluster joining?

Thursday, December 30, 2010 2:11 PM