none
Domain

Question

• Hello friends,

My office network is in a local domain and we have a remote server contains another domain. The remote domain contains one ERP software.

Now i would like to know if one user in local domain logins with local credentials can access the ERP software in remote domain by any way

Sunday, February 14, 2016 7:41 AM

Answers

• Hi VN1990,

I'm not familiar with ERP, and it is better to consult ERP provider to verify if ERP support remote access.

Based on my limit knowledge, maybe we can use RDP to login the remote server's that hold ERP software, with proper login account, we can manage the ERP software.

To login the remote server, we need to set up correct RDP connection and the local client need to know the account that is allowed to login the server.

For more professional knowledge about RDP, you may refer to RDP forum for better help:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserverTS

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 15, 2016 6:09 AM

All replies

• Hi.

I can see a few ways depending on how the software works:

Without more information about what software and domains it is hard to answer.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Even if you are not the author of a thread you can always help others by voting as Helpful. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Oscar Virot

Sunday, February 14, 2016 1:12 PM
  • Check if your ERP supports ADFS. If yes, you can implement ADFS, integrate your ERP to it and use Windows Integrated Authentication.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Sunday, February 14, 2016 8:05 PM
  • Hi VN1990,

I'm not familiar with ERP, and it is better to consult ERP provider to verify if ERP support remote access.

Based on my limit knowledge, maybe we can use RDP to login the remote server's that hold ERP software, with proper login account, we can manage the ERP software.

To login the remote server, we need to set up correct RDP connection and the local client need to know the account that is allowed to login the server.

For more professional knowledge about RDP, you may refer to RDP forum for better help:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserverTS

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 15, 2016 6:09 AM