none
TP-LINK win10 x 64 driver does not install on windows 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a TL-WN727N v4 wireless LAN USB adapter. Its win7 driver worked on the windows 2008 r2 before. Now when i Install windows 2019, the device is the only hardware that cannot be recognised under device manager. If I try to install the win10 x64 driver, it does not succeed. I have contacted TP LINK for help but so far no solution. I have tried to install driver for older win versions using the compatible mode but still no success.

I wonder if I wait around, like a year, whether this issue would be resolved by either the TPLINK hardware vendor or microsoft?

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 2:17 AM

Answers

• I wonder if I wait around, like a year, whether this issue would be resolved by either the TPLINK hardware vendor or microsoft?

Driver development is done by the hardware manufacturer's not microsoft. If the driver development / certification is done soon enough then microsoft can include them with the installation media.

Microsoft skipped the release-to-manufacturing (RTM) stage with this release of Windows Server 2019 so certified hardware is hard to find or isn't available yet from Microsoft's OEM's. I'd try asking here if there's new development expected for the hardware in question.

https://community.tp-link.com/us

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Lenny Li Wednesday, January 2, 2019 5:43 AM
    Wednesday, January 2, 2019 3:30 AM

All replies

• I wonder if I wait around, like a year, whether this issue would be resolved by either the TPLINK hardware vendor or microsoft?

Driver development is done by the hardware manufacturer's not microsoft. If the driver development / certification is done soon enough then microsoft can include them with the installation media.

Microsoft skipped the release-to-manufacturing (RTM) stage with this release of Windows Server 2019 so certified hardware is hard to find or isn't available yet from Microsoft's OEM's. I'd try asking here if there's new development expected for the hardware in question.

https://community.tp-link.com/us

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Lenny Li Wednesday, January 2, 2019 5:43 AM
    Wednesday, January 2, 2019 3:30 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in our forum!

I agree with Dave, you should wait for the TP Link vendor to release the driver. if you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 5:56 AM