none
Flashing screen on second logon RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

I've a longterm problem. I need to restart my terminal server Daily because when users login the first time everything is alright.
    When they sign out and later sign back in, the desktop starts flashing.

When i look in Taskmanager, Explorer.exe is in a loop. it starts then crashes and then restart itself.
    The closest i find on youtube is :  
    /watch?v=q3BpauN9ygE

The problem first started on 24-02-2018. Since then no update or tutorial could solve my problem.
    Reinstalling the terminal server is a heck of a job, so this forum is my last hope.

I hope someone could help me from here.

Friendly regards
    Dennis
    Van Voorden automatisering

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 2:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If your RDS is physical device, please make sure that hardware driver are up to date with appropriate driver version which is compatible with current OS installed. Besides, please make sure that RDS system has enough available resources for remote sessions. We can open Task Manager – Performance to check the details.

If problem persists, please provide more information about your environment:
    1. Windows Server OS version of your RDS deployment.
    2. General description about your RDS deployment, such as session host number, collection number.
    3. Will such problem happens on all session hosts? And all client system randomly has such problem?
    4. If UPD has been enabled? 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:45 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang  

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 24, 2019 1:19 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 7:32 AM
  • I'm sorry, i can't respond any sooner. i'm to busy with other things at the moment. 
    I hope that i'm back at this costumer this week en give you the information.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Van Voorden Automatisering

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 12:02 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for updating, please feel free to let us know if you have more questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, June 28, 2019 6:09 AM