none
Disk paging error 51 on hyper-V when windows server backup runs RRS feed

• Question

•  

I posted this in the Windows Server backup forum but didn't get any responses so I thought this forum might be more appropriate....

I am getting multiple errors on 2 of my Hyper-V servers running 2008 R2.

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR110 during a paging operation.

Sometimes it references DR116 or DR119 or DR110 or DR16 etc.

I have tried the updates on this post http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowsbackup/thread/c76a237b-bbf8-4127-9e89-e292d7d913ed  KB975354 and KB975354-v2

But still get the errors after a reboot.

Am I right in thinking DR stands for device removeable?

Are these disks actually VHDs?

The backup seems to complete OK. Thease errors only ever occur just after the backup kicks off.

Cheers in advance for any help!

Shayne

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Let me guess, you have a SAN or such a storage device for Windows Server Backup. If I misunderstand your concern, please feel free to let me know.

If so, please try to update the firmware of the SAN to see whether you get the same issue.

By the way, if you backup the files to the SAN, I would like to know whether you get the same issue if you backup to a local disk.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:47 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

The backup however, goes to a local 1TB disk. (It is copied to a SAN later but my errors are triggered during the local backup)

One of  the servers is a proliant and has it's working disk mirrored using the windows Disk mirroring.

The other is a Dell using a hardware RAID.

Cheers

Shayne

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:04 AM
  • Hi,

Is the 1TB disk a single disk or a disk on RAID? If it’s on RAID, please perform a backup to a single disk. Base on my research, I can only focus the issue on the hard disk.

By the way, if the issue continues, you may need to open a Microsoft support case.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

Friday, June 25, 2010 9:28 AM
  • Yes it is a Single Local Disk.

Cheers

Monday, July 12, 2010 2:27 PM