none
data error(cyclic redundancy check) 0x80070017

Answers

• Hi,

Please describe your issue more clearly.

1.Which version of your operating system?

2.what kinds of your backup tools?

Base on my a large number of survey, I find that it’s related to vista backup.

In this, The description of this error code is of a Data error (cyclic redundancy check). This error "cyclic redundancy" typically occurs when the hard disk is not working properly. I suggest we first perform the following steps to check the disk and then defragment it:

First, please enter the computer in "Safe Mode":
    1. Restart your computer and start pressing the "F8" key on your keyboard.
    2. When the "Windows Advanced Options" menu appears, select "Safe Mode", and then press "Enter".
    3. Log onto Windows.
    Note: In "Safe Mode", your system display and Desktop will look and perform differently than in "Normal Mode". This is only temporary. To return the system back to "Normal Mode", we can simply restart the computer.

After we log on the computer in "Safe Mode", please perform a disk error-check:
    Step 1: Check the hard disk
    =====================
    1. Click the Start Button, type "cmd" (without quotation marks) in the Search bar.
    2. Right click on the search result listed upper and click Run as Administrator.
    3. In the open command window, input the following command and press Enter Key after it.

Chkdsk /f /r
    4. Please type Y and press Enter.
    5. Please restart the computer and let the tool check all drives on the computer.

After that, please try running disk defragment again in "Safe Mode". For your reference, I have attached the steps below:
    1. Open Computer, right-click on the hard drive and choose "Properties".
    2. Switch to the "Tool" tab and click "Defragment Now" under the "Defragmentation" section.
    3. Click "Defragment".

After we perform the above steps, please restart the system and test the issue. If you still encounter the error, we can refer to the next suggestion.

Step 2: Use the System File Checker (SFC) to scan system components
    1. Click the Start Button, click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
    2. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator".
    3. Type the following command in the opening window. Press enter at the end of the line.
    Sfc /scannow
    Please restart the computer and test the issue again.

Please try the above steps and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Jeff Ren

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 7:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please describe your issue more clearly.

1.Which version of your operating system?

2.what kinds of your backup tools?

Base on my a large number of survey, I find that it’s related to vista backup.

In this, The description of this error code is of a Data error (cyclic redundancy check). This error "cyclic redundancy" typically occurs when the hard disk is not working properly. I suggest we first perform the following steps to check the disk and then defragment it:

First, please enter the computer in "Safe Mode":
    1. Restart your computer and start pressing the "F8" key on your keyboard.
    2. When the "Windows Advanced Options" menu appears, select "Safe Mode", and then press "Enter".
    3. Log onto Windows.
    Note: In "Safe Mode", your system display and Desktop will look and perform differently than in "Normal Mode". This is only temporary. To return the system back to "Normal Mode", we can simply restart the computer.

After we log on the computer in "Safe Mode", please perform a disk error-check:
    Step 1: Check the hard disk
    =====================
    1. Click the Start Button, type "cmd" (without quotation marks) in the Search bar.
    2. Right click on the search result listed upper and click Run as Administrator.
    3. In the open command window, input the following command and press Enter Key after it.

Chkdsk /f /r
    4. Please type Y and press Enter.
    5. Please restart the computer and let the tool check all drives on the computer.

After that, please try running disk defragment again in "Safe Mode". For your reference, I have attached the steps below:
    1. Open Computer, right-click on the hard drive and choose "Properties".
    2. Switch to the "Tool" tab and click "Defragment Now" under the "Defragmentation" section.
    3. Click "Defragment".

After we perform the above steps, please restart the system and test the issue. If you still encounter the error, we can refer to the next suggestion.

Step 2: Use the System File Checker (SFC) to scan system components
    1. Click the Start Button, click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
    2. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator".
    3. Type the following command in the opening window. Press enter at the end of the line.
    Sfc /scannow
    Please restart the computer and test the issue again.

Please try the above steps and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Jeff Ren

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 7:34 AM
  • any updates?
    Friday, October 14, 2011 2:46 AM
  • Jeff ... I'm also getting this  11. I've done nothing with it but try to learn this new operating system and install my programs, Docs & Pics.

I had some driver issue with this MFC printer/scanner so I learned online to just hook it up via USB cable instead of thru my home network as it had always been with my XP tablet. By plugging it in this way, it automatically installed the driver for the MFC that was pre-installed in the Win 8 by Microsoft.

I was SO jazzed when suddenly I could install the printer with the CD that came with it which also installed Paperport which I use for scanning.

But I wanted to return the MFC to being wired thru my home network's router and switch as it had been on my tablet so that I could also use it from my other desktop pc.

So I somehow found my way in Win 8.1 to the Control Panel and then to a list of Printers and Deleted it. My plan is to just reinstall it with the CD after hooking it up to the network  switch again and have my pc find it via a New Installation Without Paperport (since I didn't uninstall that) or via a Repair FN as both of these show when I insert the CD.

But during the New Install where I could now choose another type of connection instead of a direct USB, it pops a FAILED box saying:

Component: Win9x, File Group: WinPrtDrv9x, File: D:\MFLPRO\Data\disk1\data2.cab

Can you please help me a bit? I Binged this and found ads for RegistryFix programs but I don't want to do that. I'm willing to try ANYTHING myself if I can get some help which would include step by step instructions on accessing the registry on Win 8.1 and then where to look and what to do. If you have this info or it is on sites that you know of, could you maybe just Copy/Paste/Edit the steps into a short list and Post it here for me? I'd get lost trying to explore site links myself.

Thanks ahead of time!

Monday, December 09, 2013 12:45 AM