none
Error setting up an Schedule Task on Win2k8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I´m having a problem using Schedule Task on Windows Server 2008. The task is basic and will execute daily a .bat file. But when I set the Schedule Task, it´s shows me the following error:

An error has occurred for task BackUp. Error message: The following error was reported: 2147750680

I already change the configuração several times, but the error persist. What can I do to solve this issue ? What am I doing wrong ?
    Any ideia and sugestions are welcome.

Thanks

Monday, March 26, 2012 2:40 PM

Answers

• A general check-up, check you trigger, the 999 days is strange (maybe a value highter than 999 was entered, but the value is out of range), unless you want the script to run on only each 2.8years interval.

MCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:54 PM

All replies

• Hello,

2147750680 equals to 0x80041318 in hexadecimal. According to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/query/aa383604, this error code stands for "The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range".

I guess you are creating or importing the task from a XML file from another computer. If that’s true, it’s very likely a compatibility problem or permission issue. We recommend you create a new task manually in Task Scheduler interface rather than in XML format and check the result.

Thanks
    Zhang

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 6:21 AM
  • Hello,

I´m not using XML at all. I´m only trying to create a basic task using Wizard that executes daily a Bat file. Therefore, it doesn´t having any XML in it. I have no ideia what could be wrong.

Thanks,

Carlos Bender

• Proposed as answer by SANKARACOL Friday, January 31, 2020 4:24 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by SANKARACOL Friday, January 31, 2020 4:25 PM
    Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:10 PM
  • A general check-up, check you trigger, the 999 days is strange (maybe a value highter than 999 was entered, but the value is out of range), unless you want the script to run on only each 2.8years interval.

MCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:54 PM
  • Just in case it helps someone - in my case the error was because I had an action of "display a message" with message text that consisted only of a space (the content of the message that I needed was in the message subject line). Putting some non-space content fixed the error.
    Sunday, March 13, 2016 4:08 AM
  • Raising the dead here, but 2147750680 still happens on Server 2016 if you import a task with 'System' or 'Network Service' as the running user account. Use the 'Change User' button and re-enter the same account, then you will be able to save the task.

Friday, January 24, 2020 10:49 PM
  • Raising the dead here, but 2147750680 still happens on Server 2016 if you import a task with 'System' or 'Network Service' as the running user account. Use the 'Change User' button and re-enter the same account, then you will be able to save the task.

Thanks Rich - just run into exactly the same issue with our first 2019 server, you just saved me a bunch of time and stress!
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 3:10 PM