none
Clients contacting only remote dc

Question

• Hello Folks,

One of our site all the clients in contactin remote dc instead of local DC so sometimes getting error while login .

Please help me out resolve the issue.

Regards, Durgairaja

Thursday, May 2, 2019 10:12 AM

All replies

• Hello Durgairaja,

Before we go further, I would like to confirm the following questions:

Can you please show us the topology of your environment?

Has this problem been happening recently? Have you made any changes recently?

What is the error message when logging in?

Best Regards,

Leon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 3, 2019 5:54 AM
  • it is connecting to remote DC as a logon server so some delay it's happening .

it should show logon server as localserver DC right that's my doubt over here 

when i am pinging the FQDN trying to reach remote server randomly instead of contacting local DC

Regards, Durgairaja

Friday, May 3, 2019 6:41 AM
  • What you mean is that the client requests a remote DC instead of a local DC for authentication, so the login process is slow, right?

when i am pinging the FQDN trying to reach remote server randomly instead of contacting local DC

I am a bit confused about this sentence. Which DC's FQDN did you ping?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 3, 2019 9:43 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking the current situation of your problem.
    Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Leon

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 9:00 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Leon

Friday, May 10, 2019 7:33 AM