What is powershell command for checking WIndows Update RRS feed

• Question

• Could some help me with finding right command for checking windows updates from powershell.

Looked into Various articles but bit confused.

Thursday, June 11, 2020 7:36 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, you haven't provided enough information for us (well, at least me) to help you find the right command.  You've posted in the Configuration manager 2007 forum--which has been replaced by ConfigMgr 2012, which has been replaced by Enterprise Client Management Current Branch.  

Are you looking for...

- straight up "wsus servers internally" (no ConfigMgr at all)

- ConfigMgr Client 2007 (and there are NO GPOS preventing the cm client from using cm for patching) (CM 2007 has been unsupported for a long time)

- Configmgr Client 2012 (and there are NO GPOS preventing the cm client from using cm for patching) (CM 2012 has been unsupported for a long time)

- Enterprise Client Management Current branch (and there are NO GPOs preventing the cm client form using cm for patching) (CM current branch; depending upon what version you have installed, may or may not be supported, i.e., are you using Current Branch <latest> (2002), or something really really old?

- No internal WSUS infrastructure at all, no ConfigMgr client at all, and your clients are going directly to Microsoft update.

Perhaps that's why there are so many possible and different commands...because there are multiple ways to structure "how to patch" for your clients, in your organization, and dependent upon what GPOs you may or may not have.  If you know which exact scenario applies to your situation, then finding the right commands can be easier to find.

Standardize. Simplify. Automate.

Friday, June 12, 2020 2:36 PM