none
2012RC task scheduler can't send e-mail? deprecated?

Question

• I'd like to have a 2012RC system send an e-mail alert when a System log event 150 happens in the disk subsystem.  When I try to setup a task in the task scheduler the actions tab shows that Send an e-mail and Display a Message are both deprecated.

Ok, then how do I send an e-mail from a triggered task?  Why has it become 'deprecated'?  

Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Bill,

This is the same topic as your another thread so let's discuss in that thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserver8gen/thread/b80a6dc2-fed1-4d41-8764-bf6a657b6df9

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:01 AM
  • Hi Shaon

So, Win8 and Server 2012 won't support the two items "Send an e-mail" and "Display a Message".

Or we can still use the above items when the Win8 and Server 2012 ship.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 10:16 AM
  • This is hugely idiotic on the part of Microsoft.  "Let's leave the feature intact, let the user fill out the UI fields, and when they get to the end give an error that they are using a feature we're not allowing for no reason and didn't take out just to mess with them!  Oh that will be a hoot!"

Seriously, someone needs to be fired for this idiocy, and for removing a highly used feature with no replacement.  This is a downgrade and an embarrassment for MS that we now have to go get 3rd party software just to send a simple email.

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 5:48 PM