none
Why we dont have access to the RDS Listener and its properties in Windows Server 2016 / 2012 as we found its ease of manage terminal server properties in Windows Server 2008 RDS? RRS feed

• Question

• In Windows Server 2008 / R2 we had access to RDS Listener properties by choosing administration tools -> remote desktop services -> remote desktop session host configuration -> right click -> properties on the RDP-tcp connection. This help us in many way while we are in troubleshooting issues related to RDS service like recreate the listener, managing RDS configuration from one place. However in Windows Server 2012 / R2 / 2016 version those settings were scattered into different places and in case if i like to recreate the listener then the only feasible solution is to merge the registry key from a good machine. I used to recreate it easily if i have a Windows Server 2008 / R2. Do we have any other method to achieve the same? Also i like to know why the new interface is having such limitation?

Friday, February 3, 2017 3:20 AM

All replies

• if i like to recreate the listener then the only feasible solution is to merge the registry key from a good machine. I used to recreate it easily if i have a Windows Server 2008 / R2. Do we have any other method to achieve the same?

Hi,

You may open RD Session Host Configuration tool on a Windows Server 2008 R2 system, connect to the Windows Server 2012/R2/2016 server, then manage RDP-Tcp Properties there.

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 6, 2017 7:49 AM
  • Hi,

Is further assistance required?

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 20, 2017 2:56 AM