Meltdown/Spectre/Foreshadow remediation RRS feed

• Question

• I am working from a Nessus scan and it shows we need to remediate both Meltdown/Spectre and Foreshadow but from what I read it looks like they have conflicting registry entries.  Both use the same registry entries, am I totally off base in my understanding on how to remediate or is there a way to put in multiple DWords for the same entry.  Thanks!!

SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\FeatureSettingsOverride

SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\FeatureSettingsOverrideMaskAm

• Edited by SCHuhtala Friday, September 13, 2019 1:56 PM
    Friday, September 13, 2019 1:52 PM

All replies

• Hello,
    Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

From the article Windows Server guidance to protect against speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities, we should be able to create these registry entries.

For more information, we can refer to the above article.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 3:39 AM
  • Hi,
    If this question has any update or is this issue solved? Also, for the question, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:02 AM
  • Hi,
    Would you please tell me how things are going on your side. If you have any questions or concerns about the information I provided, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Again thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Friday, September 20, 2019 1:55 AM