none
Harddisk damage after sleep mode while running 3 virtual machine on Hyper-V RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, I have laptop with specification Intel Core i3, 8 Gb ram, 500 Gb 5400 rpm Hdd. I am running 3 virtual machine on that laptop using Hyper-V. Each vm have 1 Gb ram and 1 core processor. I left the laptop for lunch. After comeback from lunch I see that laptop on sleep mode. I press the power button to turned back on the laptop, after the power is on, the harddisk won't boot and the disk become damage. Is there anyone could explain why that is happen?  Thanks  :)
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 3:07 AM

All replies

• Seems odd. I'd ask the laptop manufacturer about this.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 3:12 AM
  • Hi Budi-Kurniawan,

Based on your description, this issue shouldn’t be caused by current configurations on your environment (as you described: wake up from sleep mode while run 3 virtual machine on Hyper-V). I guess that there are some troubles in this harddisk. As Dave mentioned, please contact with laptop manufacturer and confirm it. I believe we will get a better assistance there.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:54 AM