the server is showing fail on the daily check to Microsoft's update site after installing KB2720211 AND REBOOTING. WINDOWS 2003 SERVER R2
..the Clients all appear to be checking in normally for updates
HERE IS THE DETAIL OF THE ERROR
TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSyncWebServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncProxy' threw an exception. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.ClassFactory.CreateInstance(Type type, Object args)
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncLib.GetWebServiceProxyInternal(UpdateServerConfiguration serverConfig, WebServiceCommunicationHelper webServiceHelper, Boolean useCompressionProxy)
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncLib.GetWebServiceCompressionProxy(UpdateServerConfiguration serverConfig, WebServiceCommunicationHelper webServiceHelper)
at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.ExecuteSyncProtocol(Boolean allowRedirect)
- Edited by carlarnold Wednesday, June 13, 2012 3:08 AM
The following thread seems to have the same issue with this thread.Pls try to use the following suggestion to see whether the issue can be resolved.
Whether it is resolved or not, pls let me know.
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
It mentions a resolution, One of colleague tried it on a machine where WSUS was installed on a SBS box and it fixed the issue!
Have forwarded it to Product Support Team.
Senior SME- ConfigMgr Pro Team
contacted Microsoft Support. they uninstalled WSUS and reinstalled. The updates were downloading again and the KB installed again saturday night and rebooted the server which blew up WSUS again. Called Sunday and we had to reInstall WSUS and sql again to get it working. Finally after 4 days we got it working again.....
That is really a bad KB that MS put out. Affects just a certain %age of the WSUS installs.
ok and I had to run 2 fixit routines to get the XP clients to start downloading the updates again
FIXIT 50691 and another Fixit MicrosoftFixit.wu.FISC.81263624526436191.1.1.Run
After I ran all these on the windows XP machines, the downloads started occurring and ready for install.