none
Unable to connect to 2016 RDS server in Azure after July/August Updates RRS feed

• Question

• We are unable to connect to our Server 2016 RDS Gateway in Azure using the new Microsoft Remote Desktop App from the Microsoft Store. This was working, but after the July/August updates to the server it stopped working. We can still connect using the Remote Desktop Connection software built in to windows, but we are trying to get this working on our Surface Hub which only allows the store version of Remote Desktop. It works neither on our Surface hub or our Windows 10 PCs. I get prompted for credentials, type them in, then it just times out after 20-30 seconds with the generic "Couldn't connect. We couldn't connect to the remote PC. Make sure the PC is turned on and connected to the network and has enabled remote access."

I have gone through all of the general troubleshooting steps on this site: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/troubleshoot/rdp-error-general-troubleshooting

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 2:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, my understanding is that RDC app(on both Surface and Windows 10) which is downloaded from store is unable to establish remote desktop connection to RDS on Azure.

Please provide me the detail version number of RDC app which has such problem. Also, please provide the snapshot of failure RDP connection error message.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:05 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang      

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 1:31 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:48 AM