none
RD on iOS (12.3.1) crashes when trying to access Windows Virtual Desktop VM (windows 10) on Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, as described in the title. We configured a couple of devices (iPhone x and Ipad) with a feed correctly subscribed and, on both, the app crashes as soon we click connect. Remote Desktop clients are on the latest version 8.1.42. Any hints? Thanks.
    Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I want to confirm with you:
    1. Problem only happens when establish remote desktop connection from IOS device to Azure VM? Will such problem also happens if establish remote desktop connection to other systems(non-Azure)?
    2. If other system, such as Windows (with MSTSC) can successfully establish remote desktop connection to Azure VM?

As it is unable to collect RDC log file on IOS devices, above information would be helpful to narrow down the problem.

Besides, suggestion mentioned in “Troubleshoot Remote Desktop connections to an Azure virtual machine” can be considered:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-rdp-connection 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 28, 2019 4:26 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang      

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 1, 2019 2:02 AM
  • Hi, 

I am experiencing the same issues. I have a Azure VDI set up and when I try to connect to the Session Desktop that comes through the web feed the IOS app crash. I have no problem connecting to regular virtual machines on prem or on Azure, it is only when I connect to the Session Desktop that the app crashes. 

What can I do to troubleshoot?

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 8:38 AM
  • Hi,

Make sure that your RDC app has been up to recent versions:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id714464092

Re-boot your IOS system and try to connect again. Also, please confirm that if such problem only happens when opening specific app.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 2:18 AM
  • Hi, 

There is no update available and my version of the app is 8.1.42.1806151351

The issue only occurs when I try to open a RDP session to a Azure VDI that is identified through adding a feed within the app. 

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 7:27 AM
  • Any new on this? I am still facing this issue.
    Thursday, August 15, 2019 12:00 PM
  • This is still a issue against Windows Virtual Desktop  - Desktop

iOS 12.4
    Remote Desktop 8.1.42.1806151351

The app just Crashes during connection. No error message.
    Regular RDP sessions to IP/DNS works fine.
    This works perfectly on the RDP Beta in Android.

Please look into this.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 8:22 AM