none
User cant connect to RemoteApp unless in admin group (cross domain) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

2 way trust with domain in another forest working fine, can add users to groups ect.

Domain A user1 and is a member of a group called ALIVE

Domain B has RDS and group called RDSLIVE

ALIVE is a member of RDSLIVE

RDSLIVE has access to remoteapp, is in the RDS policies and RDS works fine for local Domain Users from Domain B

but user1 still cant access RDweb, except when I directly add user1 from DomainA to the Administrators group on DomainB, then the user can access it fine.

As far as I can see DNS is working without any problems, both domains resolve eachother (the trust is validated) I can add security permissions to folders on any DomainB computer and even RDP to domainB when i give the correct permissions, however DomainB just doesnt seem to pickup the fact that user1 is a member of RDSLIVE via its membership of ALIVE, even if I put user1 directly into RDSLIVE it still doesnt work.

Anyone have any idea what I am missing?

Thanks
    C

Friday, June 21, 2019 2:04 PM

All replies

• hi,
    when the problem happened ,is there any event log about your issue ?
    event viewer\windows logs\
    application
    security
    system
    on other RDS related server
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows – TerminalServices-****
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows –remote desktop management service
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows – RemoteDesktopServices-****
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows-remoteapp and desktop connections
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows-remoteapp and desktop connection management
    Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Gateway/Operational

client win10
    event viewer\windows logs\
    application
    security
    system
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteDesktopServices-SessionServices_Operational
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteApp and Desktop Connections_Admin
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -RemoteApp and Desktop Connections_Operational
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteDesktopServices-RdpCoreTS_Admin
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteDesktopServices-RdpCoreTS_Operational
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-ClientUSBDevices_Admin
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-ClientUSBDevices_Operational
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-PnPDevices_Admin
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-PnPDevices_Operational
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Printers_Admin
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Printers_Operational
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows-remoteapp and desktop connection management
    Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Licensing
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2008-R2-and-2008/cc772215(v=ws.11)

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 24, 2019 3:08 PM
  • hi,
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 28, 2019 9:55 AM
  • hi,
    Is there any thing to help you?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Monday, July 1, 2019 2:06 AM