none
Registry patches for trusted locations RRS feed

• Question

• We install these registry patches for our msAccess and Word users so they don't get the trusted locations message when launching our accde files, and so they don't get the merge warning when we merge msAccess tables with a Word template. Can these patches be modified to go to an "all user" registry key instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER?  If a new user profile is made on a machine, I'd like to not have to reinstall these patches every time a new user profile is made on a machine. If so, would I change [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software...]  to [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software...] ? or would I change it to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software...] ? or what?
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 5:35 PM

All replies

• Hi LonelyInIvoryTower,

Thank you for posting in our forum

According to my knowledge,you can change it to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software ...] 

use this registry, whether it is a new user or an old user, as long as it is logged in to this computer, it can be applied

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

I hope this information can help you.

Best Regards,

Vicky

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:34 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Vicky

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 9, 2019 1:35 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards

Vicky

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 6:29 AM