none
Performed routine system updates WMS 2010 = Blue Screen. Pls Help.

Question

• We performed routing windows updates this morning on our WMS 2010 servers and upon reboot we get a bluescreen with some information on it but then reboots itself and gets stuck in the reboot loop.. The only option we see is the recovery off a disk. Any way to go back ? Any tips out there ?

Thanks

Monday, March 14, 2011 2:16 PM

Answers

• Sorry to hear you had this problem.

Maybe try booting into windows safe mode.

Press F8 during boot, and hopefully you will see the safe mode screen come up and you will have an option to roll back to last known good configuration.

PS. Do you know what windows update you installed? 

Monday, March 14, 2011 10:25 PM

All replies

• Sorry to hear you had this problem.

Maybe try booting into windows safe mode.

Press F8 during boot, and hopefully you will see the safe mode screen come up and you will have an option to roll back to last known good configuration.

PS. Do you know what windows update you installed? 

Monday, March 14, 2011 10:25 PM
  • I have the same problem with 2011 premium. stop code 74 (I updated ncomputing vspace to 6.9.9.1.) Tried multiple avenues, was able to get to msconfig and set diagnostic mode. The system booted but I couldn't remove vspace. A couple of times the system got to the WMS dashboard but in maintenance mode. This isn't working anymore. So, I tried to boot to the DVD, fix the install, but it only wants to overwrite the existing install.

Should I just reformat and do a clean install?

Why doesn't Microsoft sell a bootable install?

Friday, August 16, 2013 6:06 AM
  •  Greetrings,

iam using wms 2012( volume licenced) in my educational society, frequently iam getting blue screen error .

the error message is "your pc ran into a problem and needs to collect information  100%" and it will restarts from there the system should be formatted and reinstall wms 2012 preimu this is a cyclic process often getting BSOD . please provide tips to avoid it?

as a volume licence purchaser i want solution from you...

Friday, November 01, 2013 7:30 AM