none
Forum FAQ: Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition NPS server can only configure a maximum of 50 RADIUS clients. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Symptom

When you try to add a new RADIUS client on a Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition NPS server, you receive the following error message:

The service being accessed is licensed for a particular number of connections. No more connections can be made to the service at this time because there are already as many connections as the service can accept. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070573).

Cause

Windows Server 2008 Standard has the limit on the number of radius clients. Generally, we can configure a maximum of 50 RADIUS clients and a maximum of 2 remote RADIUS server groups.

Resolution

Windows Server 2008 Enterprise and Datacenter Edition NPS server does not have limitation on the number of RADIUS clients. If you need to configure more than 50 RADIUS clients, you may consider using a Windows Server 2008 Enterprise or Datacenter Edition NPS server.

For more information, please refer to the following “Windows Server 2008 Network Policy (NPS) Operation Guide”:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/1/0/b106fc39-936c-4857-a6ea-3fb9d1f37063/Windows%20Server%202008%20Network%20Policy%20Server%20(NPS)%20Operations%20Guide.doc

Applies to

• Windows Server® 2008
    Monday, February 22, 2010 8:49 AM

All replies

• I had this issue, but I had Enterprise and it was the first client I was adding - I solved it by re-activating my license key (it said genuine, but I did it anyhow)... just wanting to get this out in case someone else has the issue
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:46 AM