none
2016 eval version activation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, i just deployed a couple of server 2016 VMs in my lab to play around with. I have built my lab isolated from my router\ home network (different non routable network).

I think i just stumbled onto a problem, i can't get my test servers on the internet so i can't complete the activation which i believe i need to do inside of 10 days. 

Question  - is there any other method to get these machines activated without internet connectivity? Do MSFT supply the key perhaps i can just add and get 180 days that way? I can't believe i am the only person to come across this obstacle?

Thanks

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 5:07 PM

Answers

• You'll need to connect it temporarily to internet (external vSwitch) for activation, then you can move it back to the private vSwitch. There no other method to activate an evaluation.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Edited by Dave PatrickMVP Tuesday, November 21, 2017 6:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Palmer_001 Tuesday, November 21, 2017 9:33 PM
    Tuesday, November 21, 2017 6:01 PM

All replies

• You'll need to connect it temporarily to internet (external vSwitch) for activation, then you can move it back to the private vSwitch. There no other method to activate an evaluation.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Edited by Dave PatrickMVP Tuesday, November 21, 2017 6:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Palmer_001 Tuesday, November 21, 2017 9:33 PM
    Tuesday, November 21, 2017 6:01 PM
  • Thanks David. I did see your previous response to this but you know how quickly things change.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 9:33 PM
  • You're welcome.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 9:53 PM