none
Quorum Disk is failed to move in cluster RRS feed

• Question

• Quorum disk is failed to move to other node in cluster when we do it manually. One thing strange is "when one server is down, it will move to other node automatically." Stuck in server 1 and cannot move to server 2 when i did it manually as per below screenshot. 

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 2:53 AM

All replies

• 您好,

感谢您在我们论坛发帖!

1. 通常1558事件指向当前仲裁模型的配置问题。故障转移群集需要始终占多数才能运行(以防止“裂脑”场景)。使用相应的仲裁模型,您可以定义哪些“资源”(节点,磁盘。 .....)将在您的群集中获得投票。为了更好地理解这个主题,我个人会建议您使用以下链接:

故障转移群集循序渐进指南:故障在群转移集中配置仲裁
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770620(WS.10).aspx

故障了解群转移的集中仲裁配置
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731739.aspx

故障选择转移群集的法定选项对话对话对话对话对话对话对话
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc733130.aspx

2. 您目前群集的配置是什么?有多少节点,群集的版本是什么,群集中有什么角色。

3. 请检查群集日志中是否有相关的报错信息。

关于Event id 1558的信息,请访问:

活动编号1558

希望这些能帮助你,如果有任何问题,请随时联系我。

最好的祝福,

丹尼尔

如果有帮助,请记得将回复标记为答案
    如果您对TechNet订户支持有反馈,请联系tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 9:54 AM
  • I would start by changing the quorum model to remove the witness disk and then add it back in.  After that, run the cluster validation wizard to see if anything shows in the validation report.

tim

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 1:43 PM
  • Is it ok to run validation test in production environment? Currently, it still can use even the quorum disk is failed. I am afraid of configuration lost after validation test. 

Thanks,

M2HEIN

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 1:38 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

In fact, i do not suggest you run validation during the production time.

I fully understand your concern, as a workaround, you can do the test during downtime.

Try to change the quorum type and kick this disk out of the cluster, then check the this disk or add a new disk to cluster as quorum disk.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 6:34 AM
  • Running the validation test in production is not an issue.  In fact, it was designed to be able to run in production.  There is a point in the testing where disk ownership is transferred from one node to another.  That suite of tests can cause disruption during production, but it is easy to mitigate.  Run the disk tests only on the witness disk and not on the production disks.  There will be no interruption of production if the production disks are not tested, but the witness disk (i.e. the disk that you are wondering about) will have the tests run for it.

Just an FYI.  It is properly called the 'witness disk', not the 'quorum disk'.  A disk may or may not participate in establishing quorum.  A disk used in a quorum vote is called a 'witness disk'.

tim

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 2:17 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Daniel

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 1, 2019 2:48 AM
  • As per your suggestion, we are going to remove current witness disk and re-configure the witness disk. The discussion is going on. I will let you know if it will resolve. Good Luck to me. 

:)

Thanks,

M2HEIN. 

Friday, March 1, 2019 3:24 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

OK, I will closely monitor this post, please let me know if you have any question.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Friday, March 1, 2019 3:52 AM
  • Hi,

please go through the cluster logs for further understanding the issue. Generate cluster logs with local time and see the logs at the time when you manually tried moving the cluster resource (core cluster resource)

Regards,
    Bala

Friday, March 1, 2019 5:33 AM
  • Hi,
    This is Daniel and wish you all the best!
    Since you have not responded for a long time, we will temporarily archive this post.
    If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.
    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel

Monday, March 4, 2019 3:46 AM