none
Event ID 1042 and 1069: Cluster resource 'Analysis services' Resource Group 'Analysis' failed RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running windows 2003, no cluster with a SQL 2005 running in cluster. When going into cluster Administrator, I go into Groups, right click Analysis, and select Move Group. The change move the group to the other node, but all the resources but the Analysis start. The error message that I get in the Systems log is 'Event ID 1042: Cluster generic service 'Analysis Services' failed and Event ID 1069: Cluster resources 'Analysis Services' in Resource Group 'Analysis' failed.
    Monday, May 6, 2013 8:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If the Cluster service continues to log this error, do the following:

If the resource is a disk:

• Verify that the cables are connected correctly.
    • Check the termination of the SCSI bus.
    • Review the log files for all cluster nodes to determine whether other problems are indicated.

For other resources:

• Check and correct problems with the application or service associated with the resource. If the application or service cannot start within reasonable time limits, diagnose and resolve the issues that might be causing the slow start.
    • Verify that the resource is configured correctly.
    • Verify that all dependent resources are configured correctly.
    • If the diagnostic log is enabled, check it for corresponding status codes.

Refer to following articles to troubleshooting event ID 1069 error:

Event ID 1069
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&ProdVer=5.2&EvtID=1069&EvtSrc=ClusSvc
    Event ID 1069 — Clustered Service or Application Availability
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc756225(v=WS.10).aspx

Lawrence

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 7:08 AM
  • Hi Osmel,

You should take a look at the cluster log to find more detailed error information. Check out my blog post to Generate your cluster logs for further analysis and post the relevant information from each node to this forum thread. Thanks.

Regards,
    Mark Broadbent.

Contact me through (twitter|blog|SQLCloud)

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem
    or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you
    Watch my sessions at the PASS Summit 2012 and SQLBits

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If the Cluster service continues to log this error, do the following:

If the resource is a disk:

• Verify that the cables are connected correctly.
    • Check the termination of the SCSI bus.
    • Review the log files for all cluster nodes to determine whether other problems are indicated.

For other resources:

• Check and correct problems with the application or service associated with the resource. If the application or service cannot start within reasonable time limits, diagnose and resolve the issues that might be causing the slow start.
    • Verify that the resource is configured correctly.
    • Verify that all dependent resources are configured correctly.
    • If the diagnostic log is enabled, check it for corresponding status codes.

Refer to following articles to troubleshooting event ID 1069 error:

Event ID 1069
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&ProdVer=5.2&EvtID=1069&EvtSrc=ClusSvc
    Event ID 1069 — Clustered Service or Application Availability
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc756225(v=WS.10).aspx

Lawrence

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 7:08 AM
  • Hi Osmel,

You should take a look at the cluster log to find more detailed error information. Check out my blog post to Generate your cluster logs for further analysis and post the relevant information from each node to this forum thread. Thanks.

Regards,
    Mark Broadbent.

Contact me through (twitter|blog|SQLCloud)

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem
    or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you
    Watch my sessions at the PASS Summit 2012 and SQLBits

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 9:57 AM
  • SSAS is very verbose and wants to write to the Application Event Log.  Make sure it isn't full.

Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:50 AM