none
Cumulative Update Install and Uninstall RRS feed

• Question

• Does uninstalling a cumulative update trigger an install or rollback to the previous cumulative update installed? Or to the previous cumulative update available via the servers applied update method?

I have a 2016 server that required the removal of KB4534271 and when the process completed KB4530689 was listed with the current day as the install date. I am not sure if KB4530689 was listed prior to the newer updates removal.

Both updates had to be removed due to client connections using ODBC DSN to an Actian PSQL 12 Database timing out in a SAGE 300 module.

Thank You.

• Edited by SAMnetJDM Friday, January 24, 2020 9:59 PM
    Friday, January 24, 2020 9:57 PM

All replies

• Uninstalling KB4534271 would only remove KB4534271. KB4530689 might have been skipped over.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 24, 2020 10:11 PM
  • If it was skipped over, then the removal triggered the install of KB4530689. It was not installed manually after the removal and the only reboot was from the removal itself.

Saturday, January 25, 2020 7:25 AM
  • Then KB4530689 was install sometime earlier.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Sunday, February 2, 2020 10:56 AM
    Saturday, January 25, 2020 1:45 PM
  • Hi, 

Windows uninstall cumulative update will not trigger anther update to install. If you want to confirm the timing between them, we could go to C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log for check details time of them.

If any information is useful for you, please mark it as answer. 

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Sunday, February 2, 2020 10:56 AM
    • Edited by Joy-Qiao Sunday, February 2, 2020 10:57 AM
    Sunday, February 2, 2020 10:56 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? 
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 10, 2020 4:10 PM