none
Server 2008r2 Media Services anonymous user acct corrupt? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My hitherto FUNCTIONING media server (media svcs 4.x) stopped with the following error:

Error code: 0x8007052e

Logon failure: Unknown user name or bad password.

In the system event log:

Event code: 323

Plugin 'WMS Anonymous User authentication' on the Windows Media Server failed.  Error code: 0x8007052e  Error text: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

I will search on this error code but first I must say this:  I am the ONLY person who has any kind of access to this server besides anonymous users viewing the streaming content.  There is NO WAY that this user account WMS_Usr could have been modified unless my entire network has been hacked, which I doubt.  No reason why... and only 4 people other than myself have accessed the streaming content. 

One user who accessed the content clicked an mms:// link from a Mac, which opened his Quick Time player.

So what's up with this?

I imagine I am going to wind up reinstalling the server and the WMS role...  I will try removing the role and then re-adding it, but if past experience is any indication my server installation is toast.

Thank you very much for your insight.

steve

Sunday, December 4, 2011 1:00 AM

Answers

• FYI, the account settings for the anonymous WMUS_<machinename> account are stored in the ServerNamespace.xml in the \windows\system32\windows media\server folder.  If this file is corrupted for some reason then you can see problems with the anonymous account.  It should be a simple fix by syncing the passwords in the WMS admin as well as at the Windows level.

A network trace will likely help explain why you are getting the error from the encoder.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 5:34 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I have managed to get the anonymous user account password to work with the streaming media service.  On-demand works fine, so that must be fixed.

However, I am getting this "unable to connect with the server error code 0xc00d0006" message when attempting to start the live stream publishing point.

this follows a nag message from Expression Encoder to upgrade to Pro...

How does this happen? One day everything works fine, next it turns to crap without any intervention on my part...

Sunday, December 4, 2011 3:48 PM
  • FYI, the account settings for the anonymous WMUS_<machinename> account are stored in the ServerNamespace.xml in the \windows\system32\windows media\server folder.  If this file is corrupted for some reason then you can see problems with the anonymous account.  It should be a simple fix by syncing the passwords in the WMS admin as well as at the Windows level.

A network trace will likely help explain why you are getting the error from the encoder.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 5:34 PM

Simple question 

syncing the passwords in the WMS admin

HOW?

Sunday, March 6, 2016 9:45 PM