none
RD Client on IPad : disconnected from server with error code 0x00000003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

we have Windows server 2016 based remote desktop services setup there is a session host assigned to each user (server as a desktop) and we got single gateway server which is also connection broker.

when we try to connect from Ipad which is on latest IOS version 9.3.5 with RD Client APP version 8.1.34.1707311425when we download RDP file from RDWEB first time it works fine,  but then we go back to RD Client app and try to connect again it always comes up with this error disconnected from server with error code 0x00000003

having checked event log on Gateway/connection broker server I see following 4 warnings logged for each connection attempt from iPAD.

1. The network characteristics detection function has been disabled because of Reason Code: 2(Server Configuration)..

2. Interface method called: SendLogonErrorInfoToClient(WinlogonStatus: 0x80070005, ClientError: 0xffffffff)

3. TCP socket READ operation failed, error 64

4. RDP_TCP: An error was encountered when transitioning from StateUnknown in response to Event_Disconnect (error code 0x80070040).

so far we not had any issues connecting from windows machines or even Mac machines using RD Client App.

its only happening while connecting from Ipad.

can somone advise any fix please

thanks

Harry

Thursday, September 7, 2017 6:41 PM

All replies

• when we try to connect from Ipad which is on latest IOS version 9.3.5 with RD Client APP version 8.1.34.1707311425when we download RDP file from RDWEB first time it works fine,  but then we go back to RD Client app and try to connect again it always comes up with this error disconnected from server with error code 0x00000003

Hi,

I assume remote desktop reconnection fails via downloaded .rdp file, is that correct?

Does it work connecting with Remote Resources?

I suggest you also try to connect from internal network with RD Gateway bypassed to see whether the issue is specific to RD Gateway.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 8, 2017 11:23 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates at the moment?

Best Regards,
    Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 25, 2017 2:32 AM
  • I have the same issue even now in 2019 new update. I am not set any password on my desktop And i add a password to my desktop and everything is running well now
    Monday, August 5, 2019 11:34 AM