none
IPadOS 13.2 - RD Client broken RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone else having the same symptoms? iPadOS 13.2 - open RD Client, try and do anything (log in, add a server, change settings) and the app closes without notification. Tried reinstalling, hard reset, all the same.
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:55 AM

All replies

• I’m having the exact same issue. Works fine on IOS but not IPadOS. 
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 3:15 PM
  • I’ve installed a few other RDP apps on the IPadOS and it seems its the same with all of them. I think the RDP port 3389 must be blocked on apples side or something?
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 3:20 PM
  • I am having the same issue. RD client app on iPad IOS 13.2 opens but when you try interface with it in any way, it shuts down. Have tried reinstalling numerous times but does not work. Works fine on the Macbook.
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 4:06 PM
  • Hi,

1.Please also check if any settings configured on network router to block some ports.

2.What version of remote desktop client for IOS? Have tried the beta version?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/ios-whatsnew#remote-desktop-ios-beta-client

3.If you still experienced the same issue with latest version, please revert your feedback via the app.

Best Regards,

Jenny

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yyang10 Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:30 PM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 5:20 AM
  • Installing the RD Client Beta version fixed the problem. Thank you.
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 2:35 PM
  • Can you elaborate as I am unable to use Remote Desktop currently and don’t want to install another app if I don’t have too...
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:03 AM
  • Hi Poto365,

1.Could you please confirm if you are experiencing the exact same issue as above? And have you tried the beta version?

2. If you have a different issue, please share us with the details of Microsoft remote desktop version as well as the remote computer.

Looking forward to your update and we will investigate accordingly.

Thanks,

Jenny

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 18, 2019 8:39 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue.

Please feel free to let us know if further assistance is required.

Thanks,

Jenny

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 1:39 AM
  • Still broken for us, and the RDS Beta is full so we can't join it.
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 2:46 AM