none
Cannot install IE 11 on Windows 2008 R2 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    I'm trying to install IE 11 from setup package on windows 2008 R2 but I've error:

00:50.810: INFO:    Installing with the downloaded package. C:\Windows\TEMP\IE1F150.tmp\IE11-neutral.Downloaded.cab
    00:50.825: INFO:    Launched package installation: C:\Windows\SysNative\dism.exe /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\Windows\TEMP\IE1F150.tmp\IE11-neutral.Downloaded.cab /quiet /norestart
    04:01.942: INFO:    Process exit code 0x00003715 (14101) [The identities of the manifests are identical but their contents are different. ]
    04:01.942: ERROR:   Neutral package installation failed (exit code = 0x00003715 (14101)).

I'm looking on internet to find a solution but until now nothing has solved my issue.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks

Monday, September 24, 2018 9:30 AM

All replies

• Did you tried with the offline installer ? https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/18520/download-internet-explorer-11-offline-installer

Regards, Philippe

Don't forget to mark as answer or vote as helpful to help identify good information. ( linkedin endorsement never hurt too :o) )

Answer an interesting question ? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, September 24, 2018 12:28 PM
  • Are you running a 64-bit version of Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1?  Everything I find says that is the OS that must be used.

tim

Monday, September 24, 2018 12:52 PM
  • I'd verify system and servicing health by running;

sfc /scannow

also system update readiness tool

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Then check for errors in;
    %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, September 24, 2018 1:24 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried the following method? If not, I hope you can try.

1. Download a copy of IE11 from Microsoft and Run the IE11 installer and wait until it gets to the ‘Install Internet Explorer 11’ prompt. Do not close this window.

2. Go into ‘C:\Windows\temp’ and look for the most recently created folder with ‘IE’ at the beginning of it’s name. E.g. ‘IE1F150.tmp’.

3. Go into that folder and verify that you can see the following two .cab files; ‘IE11-neutral.Downloaded.cab’ and ‘IE11-neutral.Extracted.cab’. If you do, then carry onto the next step. If you don’t, then go back a level and try one of the other similarly named folders.

4. Use that folder name to create the path for the .cab files to be installed from. E.g.: C:\Windows\temp\IE1F150.tmp.

5. Now, substituting my example path with the one you determined in the last step, run an elevated Command Prompt and enter the following commands in the order listed:
    dism.exe /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\Windows\temp\IE1F150.tmp\IE11-neutral.Extracted.cab /quiet /norestart
    dism.exe /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\Windows\temp\IE1F150.tmp\IE11-neutral.Downloaded.cab /quiet /norestart

6. When done, return to the ‘Install Internet Explorer 11’ prompt and click ‘Install’. With a bit of luck it should successfully install.

Detailed links are as follows:

https://jingyangli.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/ie11-install-problem-neutral-package-installation-failed-exit-code-0x00003715-14101-and-setup-exit-code-0x00009c59-40025/

Best regards,

Hurry

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, September 24, 2018 7:49 PM
  • Hi,

Is there anything else I can do to help you on this issue?

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Hurry

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 2:35 PM
  • Hi,
    How things are going there on this issue?
    Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Hurry

Friday, September 28, 2018 7:25 AM
  • Hello,
    having also issue installing other security update we have opened a support request to Microsoft that after a deeper analisys as found a third party application still installed on our servers that was the cause for the problem.
    Uninstalled the application the issue is solved.

Regards

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 2:25 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm glad to hear that your problem is solved. 

Wish you a Happy life!

Best regards,

Hurry

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 4:23 PM