none
RemoteApp Logon Screen too small RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are planning to use TS RemoteApp to publish some applications. The RDP client will be on a different domain which means that SSO will not be possible. One small issue is that when you get to the server side authentication, the logon screen is really small. I know for a fact that users will not like this. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so does anyone have a suggested work around?

Thanks

Gareth
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 2:59 PM

Answers

• <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -OK I now have this working as I want. The problem was that the 'Require server authentication' option was ticked in Remoteapp Deployment Settings. I've now unticked this option on all terminal servers.

I have network level authentication enabled so all authentication is done on the client side now, negating the issue with the small server side logon fields.

Thanks

Gareth
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 7:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Interesting issue. Can you please share some details on it?

1) If you have trusts between those two Domains SSO should work
    2) Logon Scree is small as - resolution or what? You can define the resolution in RDP file

Citrix Technology Professional, PubForum Founder http://www.pubforum.net, Love Microsoft &its people to bits!
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:39 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for responding to this.

1.There is no trust between the two domains so I assume that SSO will not be possible?

2.The resolution for the app itself is fine... its just the authentication screen where the logon fields are really small. I know this probably seems like a minor issue but its the kind of thing that users get hung up on.
    I've tried editing the rdp. files with custom resolution values:

desktopwidth:i:< value >

desktopheight:i:< value >

Seems to be the same whatever vaulues I specify. Am I doing something wrong here?

If you compare the following two screenshots you should see what I'm talking about:

RemoteApp: http://cid-efa1007fd446804f.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/remoteapp.JPG
    Standard RDP: http://cid-efa1007fd446804f.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/rdc.JPG

Any ideas on this?

Thanks
    Monday, May 18, 2009 10:06 AM
  • <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -OK I now have this working as I want. The problem was that the 'Require server authentication' option was ticked in Remoteapp Deployment Settings. I've now unticked this option on all terminal servers.

I have network level authentication enabled so all authentication is done on the client side now, negating the issue with the small server side logon fields.

Thanks

Gareth
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 7:08 AM
  • Did you find out a way to make the logon screen larger, or has NLA proved to work ok?  I've had problems with the client authenticating when it comes to expired passwords - have you had the same issue?

Friday, August 13, 2010 12:43 PM