none
Cannot open IIS Manager on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Question

• Typing inetmgr in the command prompt doesn't help. I don't see an entry in Administrative Tools to open it.  I cannot find inetmgr.exe in Windows Server 2008 R2.  I looked in C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv.

• Moved by Brent HuModerator Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:02 AM (From:Network Infrastructure Servers)
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 1:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Normally, the InetMgr.exe is located in %Systemroot%\System32\inetsrv folder if you install the Web Server(IIS) role on your server.

Please try to remove and re-add this role and see if it works.

Brent
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Normally, the InetMgr.exe is located in %Systemroot%\System32\inetsrv folder if you install the Web Server(IIS) role on your server.

Please try to remove and re-add this role and see if it works.

Brent
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:01 AM
  • Hi,

Please check this. I had same issue and this is what I found on web

To open IIS Manager from the Start menu

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2. Do one of the following:

• If you are using Windows Vista® or Windows Server® 2008, click System and Maintenance, and then click Administrative Tools.
      • If you are using Windows® 7 or Windows Server® 2008 R2, click System and Security, and then click Administrative Tools.

3. In the Administrative Tools window, double-click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.

1. Click Start.

2. In the Start Search box, type inetmgr and press ENTER.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770472%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

Thanks and Regards, Lalindu

• Proposed as answer by Lalindu Peiris Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:28 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:28 AM
  • I needed to install the role service Management Tools\IIS Management Console.

Server Manager \ Roles \ Web Server (IIS)

In the Role Services section click on Add Role Service

Check Management Tools \ IIS Management Console.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:27 PM