none
Enable replication failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I try to enable Hyper-V replication on Windows Server 2012 Datacenter.

However, I get this error Hyper-V failed to enable replication for virtual machine 'servername': Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer (0x80070569).

Any suggestion as to how I can rectify this issue?

Thank you.

Monday, October 1, 2012 11:16 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I don't know what exactly happened but 2 hours later I retry enabling the Replication, it works. 

However when the replication is about to complete, I get this error, Hyper-V could not replicate changes for virtual machine 'vmname': The data is invalid (0x8007000D). The job is paused. When I unpaused the job, it prompt the same error.

I then proceed to close the Hyper-V manager and relaunch the software and the sync can complete successfully. Quite a weird experience I'm having now.

• Edited by ks638 Tuesday, October 2, 2012 10:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lawrence,Moderator Wednesday, October 3, 2012 2:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 10:18 AM

All replies

• Edit policy - Security settings\Local policies\User Rigths Assignment -  'Access this computer from the network' и 'Log on as a service' - add your domain user.
    Monday, October 1, 2012 12:14 PM
  • Already tried this method, but problem still persists.
    Monday, October 1, 2012 1:12 PM
  • Hi,

Error “The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer” typically occurs when the user does not have the permissions to log on locally on the computer. By default, member of the Users group have the ability to log on locally, but administrators can deny the right to specific user or group accounts. An explicitly denied right always overrides an allowed rights.

This issue can be caused by either of the following:

Neither the user account nor any of the groups it belongs to has been granted the Allow log on locally user right.

The user account or one or more of the groups it is a member of has been listed in the Deny log on locally user right.

For more information please refer to following MS articles:

The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732593(v=WS.10).aspx
    Demonstrate Planned Failover in Hyper-V Replica
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831759.aspx

Hope this helps!

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Lawrence

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:36 AM
  • Hi,

I don't know what exactly happened but 2 hours later I retry enabling the Replication, it works. 

However when the replication is about to complete, I get this error, Hyper-V could not replicate changes for virtual machine 'vmname': The data is invalid (0x8007000D). The job is paused. When I unpaused the job, it prompt the same error.

I then proceed to close the Hyper-V manager and relaunch the software and the sync can complete successfully. Quite a weird experience I'm having now.

• Edited by ks638 Tuesday, October 2, 2012 10:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lawrence,Moderator Wednesday, October 3, 2012 2:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 10:18 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience!

You experience and solution can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks for your contribution to Windows Server Forum!

Have a nice day!

Lawrence

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:59 AM