none
RD License manager report does not complete RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to run a licensing report on my 2012 licensing server and it just sits there at creating report. I have tried using this command but it just sits there as well:
    Invoke-WmiMethod -Class Win32_TSLicenseReport -Name GenerateReportEx

Any suggestions?
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 6:41 PM

Answers

• I was on vacation and I'm not getting notified of replies. This is still not resolved.
    Edit: I'm going to try opening a premier ticket for this issue.
    Friday, January 10, 2020 8:18 PM

All replies

• HI
    1.if you restart "remote desktop licensing" service on RDLS,will the problem persist ?
    2.can you enter winver in command prompt on w2012 server and look the os version and os version number ?[for example windows 10  enterprise 1809 (os build 17763.316)]
    3.have you installed below update patch ?
    Licensing report file is corrupted in Windows Server 2012 R2 RDS environments for large report files
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/3092695/licensing-report-file-is-corrupted-in-windows-server-2012-r2-rds-envir

3092695 download link
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=3092695

4.there is a powershell command shared by Mr TP ,is this command also can not run on your issue server w2012 ?
    $fileName = (Invoke-WmiMethod Win32_TSLicenseReport -Name GenerateReportEx).FileName
    $summaryEntries = (Get-WmiObject Win32_TSLicenseReport|Where-Object FileName -eq $fileName).FetchReportSummaryEntries(0,0).ReportSummaryEntries
    $summaryEntries|ForEach {Write-Host $_.ProductVersion $_.TSCALType "Installed:" $_.InstalledLicenses "Issued:" $_.IssuedLicenses}

5.if the problem persist ,Please check the symptom in a clean boot (refer to windows 10 steps) environment if it is possible. Ensure the latest update has been installed to avoid known issue
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 6, 2019 6:53 AM
  • All available updates have been applied to the server. The license report never generates. It continually keeps trying to create the report so that hotfix does not apply to my issue.

Restarting the license server service or performing a "clean boot" do not resolve the issue as well.

The command you supplied is the one I am running that does not complete. It is listed in the original post.

Friday, December 6, 2019 9:05 PM
  • HI
    5.could you explain your rds environment ?did you install RDLS role and RDSH role on the same vm in the same AD domain?
    6.when the issue first happened ?did the RDLS work fine before ?
    7.if you run "RD license diangnose " on RDSH server and is there the error information about license in "RD license diangnose " window .
    8.did RDLS license data status normal in Total license,availabe license ,issue license ?
      if you use a computer to remote access RDSH,can RDLS issue RDS cal ?
    9.if you try to disable firewall on both rdls and rdsh temporarily then run your license report, will the problem the same ?
    Invoke-WmiMethod -Class Win32_TSLicenseReport -Name GenerateReportEx
    10.if we open "show analytica and debug logs" like picture  and enable below logs manually in event view first, when we run that our license report powershell command  ,is there any error log about this issue in below location?

event viewer\windows logs\

application

system

Event Viewer\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\TerminalServices-licensing\
    admin   
    operational
    analytic   enable
    debug     enable
    Event Viewer\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Window\WMI-activity
    Debug    enable
    operational  enable
    trace          enable

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, December 7, 2019 12:36 AM
  • The license server only has the license server role. Licensing is working fine. The problem is creating the report. There are no error events in the event log when I try to generate a report.
    Monday, December 9, 2019 7:28 PM
  • HI
    10.if you use other domain domain account to logon this RDLS server and create report ,will the same problem happen on this account ?

11.Please check the symptom in a clean boot (refer to windows 10 steps) environment if it is possible.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

12.if the problem persist ,we can run below command(open as admin) then check if it can detect system error.
    sfc /scannow
    dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
    dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 10:46 AM
  • Andy,

I have already replied stating I have performed a clean boot to no avail. Multiple users get the same result when trying to run the report. sfc returns fine. dism found no problems as well.

Is there a way to check for corruption in the jet db? I cant rebuild the db because I do not have the keypack IDs.
    Tuesday, December 10, 2019 7:50 PM
  • HI
    13.can you check the user permission about Lserver foler on RDLS server ,in general , there is full control for administrators . like picture example.
    C:\Windows\System32\Lserver

14.in general ,your issue need to stop remote desktop licensing service and rename the "C:\Windows\System32\Lserver" folder, uninstall the RDS roles, reboot, and reinstall the RDS Licensing role. activate rdls server and reinstall rds cals again. 

15.I cant rebuild the db because I do not have the keypack IDs.
    where did you buy these rds cals? in general after we purchase rds cal ,we will receive the email about rds license information. is it possible we can find keypack ids? if we bought them from volume license center,we can contact volume license center support.

16.“Is there a way to check for corruption in the jet db? ”
    we need to stop remote desktop licensing service and copy the lserver folder from c:\windows\system32\lserver to another disk like D,then try to use “esedatabaseview” see the information of TLSlic.edb in lsserver folder.
    “esedatabaseview” download link
    https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/ese_database_view.html

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:22 AM
  • The licenses were purchased long ago by another person who is no longer available. I cannot rebuild the license server or the service.
    Administrators have full control over the folder and files in the "C:\Windows\System32\Lserver" folder.
    I will look into using ese database view to see if the jet db has any errors.
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 8:49 PM
  • HI
    ok, I hope we can find key thread.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Thursday, December 12, 2019 6:55 AM
  • I was able to open the database file using ese database view. I'm assuming that because I can open it, its not corrupted. 

I'm not sure what else to look for.

Thursday, December 12, 2019 5:38 PM
  • HI
    "The license server only has the license server role. Licensing is working fine. The problem is creating the report. There are no error events in the event log when I try to generate a report."
    17.if your have a normal RDLS server  in your environment or your it friend's environment, which can create report successfully ,we can collect below log and compare which difference between normal.pml and issue.pml in the time between the starting time of creating report and stopping time of creating report.
    on normal RDLS server and create report successfully
    1)download and install process monitor v3.5 on problematical sever
    2)Open the process monitor, press “Ctrl+E” to “suspend” it, “Ctrl+X” to clear present process information. 
    3)Press “Ctrl+E” to start the process monitor again.
    4)reproduce your issue to create rds license report ,then Press “Ctrl+E” to “Suspend” it again then save the present log(Ctrl+S).save all event as normal.pml 

on issue RDLS server and not create report successfully
    1)download and install process monitor v3.5 on problematical sever
    2)Open the process monitor, press “Ctrl+E” to “suspend” it, “Ctrl+X” to clear present process information. 
    3)Press “Ctrl+E” to start the process monitor again.
    4)reproduce your issue to create rds license report ,then Press “Ctrl+E” to “Suspend” it again then save the present log(Ctrl+S).save all event as issue.pml 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon
    Because this is forum please don't upload .pml to the forum to avoid to Disclose your private information. Thank you for your corporation.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Friday, December 13, 2019 8:38 AM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 9:47 AM
  • HI

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 9:49 AM
  • HI

If there is any reply that helps you, could please you help me mark it as an answer so that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly ? Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Monday, December 30, 2019 9:02 AM
  • I was on vacation and I'm not getting notified of replies. This is still not resolved.
    Edit: I'm going to try opening a premier ticket for this issue.
    Friday, January 10, 2020 8:18 PM