none
SCCM Client Install not working RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to work through this and resolve the issues i am facing and i had no luck doing the following

1. Making sure accounts have the proper permissions.

2. enabling file sharing within the windows firewall

3. SCCM is completely healthy no criticals or warnings

4.  boundry groups setup

Below is the log:

• Edited by Tattedmatt Friday, September 6, 2019 1:06 PM
    Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

"ERROR: Unable to access target machine for request: "2097152022", machine name: "ACCTEDTM81",  access denied or invalid network path"

Make sure that the admin$ share is accessible from the server if you are using a push installation and the push installation account has admin privileges into the machine.

Regards,

SAAD Youssef

_____

Please remember to mark the replies as answer if they help, thank you!

Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:39 PM
  • First, you really need to disable debug logging here.

Next, the log has multiple "access denied or invalid network path." error messages all followed by an error code of 53 which means "The network path was not found.".

This type of error is indicative of a firewall or DNS issue, both of which are outside the scope of control or visibility of ConfigMgr.

You need to troubleshoot the connectivity and name resolution to these systems from the site server.

Specific things to try include pinging the systems by the name listed in the log from the site server to see if a valid and expected IP is returned. Can you connect to admin$ on using a UNC on these systems?

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:56 PM
  • Hi,

Please check to make sure that the computer has an ADMIN$ share and able to connect from the SCCM server with the account used for Client push installation. You can check if you can access \\<Clientname>\ADMIN$ from the sccm server.
    Also make sure that there are no DNS issue from the server to your clients. Then make sure that all the necessary ports have been opened and that no firewall is blocking SMB traffic. 

For more details, please refer to the following two articles, I hope they are helpful to you:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sudheesn/2010/05/31/troubleshooting-sccm-part-i-client-push-installation/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/clients/deploy/windows-firewall-and-port-settings-for-clients

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 6, 2019 9:05 AM
  • Hi,

If you plan to share your log snippets or screenshots, please be careful to hide your sensitive information and confidential content.

Best regards,

Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 6, 2019 9:11 AM
  • Monday, September 9, 2019 8:06 AM