Network Connections Service [Stopping] RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having difficulties when I try to diagnose/trouble shoot problems with internet networks.
    When I do so, the trouble shooter goes through the [Reset the adapter] phase, and my wireless network adapter gets disabled.
    When I go to "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections" and try to enable it, it takes ages to respond (a message appears stating that the Network Connections Service is not running).

When I go to services and locate "Network Connections", the status is "Stopping", and I cannot Start, Restart, Refresh, or Stop the service.

So the network adapters are disabled, so is the network connections service.
    I can only start the service again by rebooting/restarting the system.

Can anyone help me?

Sunday, August 11, 2013 11:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please make a clean boot to check if this issue exists first.

If it does, the issue can be caused by corrupted cache of network adapter configuration. So, please try the following steps to fix this issue:

• Please ensure the two services started, which are Network Store Interface Service and RPC Service in Computer Management> Services.
    • Run>type regedit>HLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network>delete Config entry>restart PC

If the issue still persists, please verify the network DLL files are registered correctly and check if the netman.dll file is intact. Please refer to the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825826/en-us#Method_4

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

If all above are invalid, please look into the Event log. Please perform these steps and keep post.

Hope this helps!

• Proposed as answer by 暁北 Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sammanne Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:06 PM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 3:31 AM

All replies

• Do you have a network cable plugged into the computer? Do you see a light on the NIC card? Have you scanned the computer for a virus or malware? The service should not be turning itself off.

Mark D. Albin, M.S. IT Master Services www.itmasterservice.com  Office: (775) 229-4254

Monday, August 12, 2013 12:59 AM
  • It’s also a good idea to uninstall your wireless adapter completely and reinstall it with the latest driver which you’ll get from its manufacture site.

Monday, August 12, 2013 5:02 AM
  • I have not done that yet, but I believe I have the latest version of the driver.

I have "AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter." When I try to update the driver via device manager, it says "The best driver software for your device is already installed."

Monday, August 12, 2013 11:46 AM
  • I do not have a network cable plugged in.

I have scanned the whole system, but the anti-virus did not detect anything.

Monday, August 12, 2013 11:48 AM
  • Hi,

Please make a clean boot to check if this issue exists first.

If it does, the issue can be caused by corrupted cache of network adapter configuration. So, please try the following steps to fix this issue:

• Please ensure the two services started, which are Network Store Interface Service and RPC Service in Computer Management> Services.
    • Run>type regedit>HLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network>delete Config entry>restart PC

If the issue still persists, please verify the network DLL files are registered correctly and check if the netman.dll file is intact. Please refer to the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825826/en-us#Method_4

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

If all above are invalid, please look into the Event log. Please perform these steps and keep post.

Hope this helps!

• Proposed as answer by 暁北 Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sammanne Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:06 PM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 3:31 AM
  • Wow!

I guess deleting that config file has fixed the issue.

So far, the network adapters and network connections service are running smoothly.

Thank you for your help, V-ANL.

Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:06 PM
  • I personally did not have any luck with the "approved" answer on this page. What I did do was check the event log, and found complaints about Intel PROSet. Checking the intel update tool, it appears it may have failed on an install and had affected the Network Connections service. Anyway, uninstalling the software and restarting fixed the problem for me. 

Good luck others!

Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:49 AM