none
NAP and Sleep Mode RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I implemented DHCP-NAP-Enforcement in my Environment and it is working perfectly.but i have a problem is that when Compliant Computers access the network and then goes into sleep mode, when they wakeup i see that they are assigned the full mask 255.255.255.255 and I have to restart the NAP Service to obtain the Default Mask, Checked event viewer and i found this error happens during this scenario

An error occurred when DHPQEC tried to renew DHCP lease in the adapter {9b5cb0da-2416-40b1-bcfa-1f95a8389c15}. Error code is 0x79

DHCP server: Windows 2008r2

Client: Windows7 SP1

NPS Server: Windows 2008 R2

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 5:50 AM

Answers

• Hi Amr,

Please configure the network interface on the computer to not sleep during sleep mode. This should not add much power consumption and should eliminate this problem.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

-Greg

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:06 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I assume that the computer might lost connection when it went into sleep mode.

Was the IP address normal after the computer woke up?

In addition, would you please post the entire error for us? In these scenario, we can provide further assistance.

Best regards,

Susie

Thursday, December 5, 2013 1:57 AM
  • Dear Susie

What do u mean the IP is normal ? if you mean if it assigned the same IP after waking from sleep mode then the answer is yes, but with mask 255.255.255.255.

for the Errors i just have the error that i posted in the Event viewer , do u need any other logs ?

Saturday, December 7, 2013 3:41 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, that is what I mean and sorry for my unclear.

I would appreciate it if you can post the entire error message for that or other related errors.

Best regards,

Susie

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 10:11 AM
  • Susie,

I dont have any other errors in the Event Viewer , suggest me other sections in the Event viewer or log files to trace it for you

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:29 AM
  • Hi,

You can check the event logs on the NAP client and server, and check the NPS accounting logs in %windir%\system32\logfiles.

In addition, if you have enabled remote access tracing, you can also check the log files in %windir%\tracing.

More information:

Tools for Troubleshooting NAP

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd348461(WS.10).aspx

Best regards,

Susie

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:49 AM
  • Susie,

please be more specific of the log files , What log files specifically do you want me to check ??, for the torubleshooting Link Sure I checked it before i opened this case but i Didnt help.

Thanks,

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 4:28 AM
  • Hi Amr,

Please configure the network interface on the computer to not sleep during sleep mode. This should not add much power consumption and should eliminate this problem.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

-Greg

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:06 PM
    Owner