Forgot Administrator Password windows 2008 server standard

Question

• Please tell me how to recover administrator password of windows 2008 server.

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 11:37 PM

Answers

•   If there was an easy way to do that, there would be not much point in having password protection. Anyone could do it.

There are ways of resetting passwords. Most involve booting the system from a non-Windows system disk.

Bill
    Wednesday, August 05, 2009 2:02 AM

All replies

•   If there was an easy way to do that, there would be not much point in having password protection. Anyone could do it.

There are ways of resetting passwords. Most involve booting the system from a non-Windows system disk.

Bill
    Wednesday, August 05, 2009 2:02 AM
  • Please tell me specific program for a non linux bootable disk to recover administrator password. 

Please help me because i just came from a car accident, i am really forgot it coz i just change the administrator password when the time i have my accident. 

thank you very much microsoft gurus. 

please help me. thanks a lot. 
    Wednesday, October 07, 2009 11:38 PM
  • Hi xhed, as Bill said, Microsoft will never tell you how to hack your password. If you are a locksmith, will you tell others how to hack your locks?
    Friday, October 09, 2009 2:43 AM
  • Do you have another user account on the server that has admin privilidges? If so, U can change it from there. If not, U can reset it.
    Also, are you on a domain?
    I would google "server 2008 forgot administrator password" or "server 2008 reset administrator password".
    HOWEVER... Some of these don't work if you cannot boot from CD or DVD. All my servers have the boot options locked down and passworded (and the DVD reader unplugged, just in case).
    Monday, October 12, 2009 6:13 AM