none
Windows 10, WDT & WDS problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to deploy Windows 10 Pro using WDT and WDS.

I have followed the following instructions from Microsoft Deploy a Windows 10 image using MDT but get the dreaded 0xc0000001 after the PXE boot (litetouchx64.wim) has loaded.

I have increased the TFTP maximum block size to 4096 and unchecked "Enable variable Windows extension" but to no avail.

Can anyone give me any pointers?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Monday, May 13, 2019 9:45 AM

All replies

• Presuming the client is set properly (either UEFI or Legacy boot) then if you think it is relating to that specific TFTP issue, you may want to remove the Cumulative Update to see if the issue is resolved.
    Monday, May 13, 2019 4:37 PM
  • Thanks Tripredacus,

TFTP was my first thought and I have discounted that. I have checked the client using legacy booting and that seems ok.

I noticed that my x64 PXE boot image was 25GB. That seemed a bit excessive so I removed and reimported. It's now a more respectable 3GB and seems to be working.

One thing I have noticed is that the MDT wizard will not run the USMT scan for anything other than Windows 10 clients, which is frustrating as we are looking to migrate from Windows 7.

I have the USMT settings in the CustomSettings.ini:

ScanStateArgs=/all
    USMTOffline=true
    USMTMigFiles001=MigApp.xml
    USMTMigFiles002=MigUser.xml

BackupShare=\\*****\DeploymentShare$\backup
    BackupDir=Captures 
    BackupFile=%TaskSequenceID%_#month(date) & "-" & day(date) & "-" & year(date)#.wim

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

Please refer to the link below to backup and restore data and settings:

Replace a Windows 7 computer with a Windows 10 computer

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/deploy-windows-mdt/replace-a-windows-7-computer-with-a-windows-10-computer

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 3:08 PM
  • Hi, 
    Was your issue solved?
    If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help. 
    Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:24 AM