Side-By-Side configuration is incorrect

• Hello,

I have built my application with x64 compatibility in VS2005 installed on x86 machine ( OS Windows 7 x86).

And I want to run this x64 compatible application on a separate x64 Windows Server 2008 R2 machine.

When I try to run the application I am getting error "Side-By-Side configuration is incorrect". In the eventlog i can see the following entry.

[Event Log]:-

Activation context generation failed for "C:\tests\new\Admin.exe.Manifest". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Here is the out put of sxstrace.exe

Begin Activation Context Generation.
    Input Parameter:
     Flags = 0
     ProcessorArchitecture = AMD64
     CultureFallBacks = en-US;en
     ManifestPath = C:\tests\new\Admin.exe.Manifest
     AssemblyDirectory = C:\tests\new\
     Application Config File =
    INFO: Parsing Manifest File C:\tests\new\Admin.exe.Manifest.
     INFO: Manifest Definition Identity is (null).
     INFO: Reference: Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762"
    INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762".
     INFO: Resolving reference for ProcessorArchitecture amd64.
      INFO: Resolving reference for culture Neutral.
       INFO: Applying Binding Policy.
        INFO: No publisher policy found.
        INFO: No binding policy redirect found.
       INFO: Begin assembly probing.
        INFO: Did not find the assembly in WinSxS.
        INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT\8.0.50727.762__1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT.DLL.
        INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\tests\new\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT.DLL.
        INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\tests\new\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT.MANIFEST.
        INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\tests\new\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT.DLL.
        INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\tests\new\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT\Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT.MANIFEST.
        INFO: Did not find manifest for culture Neutral.
       INFO: End assembly probing.
     ERROR: Cannot resolve reference Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762".
    ERROR: Activation Context generation failed.
    End Activation Context Generation.

From some of blogs i learnt that we need to have SP1. I did install SP1 on x64 machine (where i am running my application). And also installed Visual C++ 2005 x64 (on the system where i am building my application) this also could not helped to resolve the issue.

Please help me out to resolve this issue.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:52 PM

• Hi,

According to the problem description, this issue is related to software development. For software development issue, the best resource is MSDN forum.

Based on the current situation, you’d better submit a new question to MSDN forum for further assistance. In this way, your issue can be resolved effectively.

MSDN Forums

For more troubleshooting information, please refer to the following Microsoft MSDN blog:

Diagnosing SideBySide failures

Thanks for your understanding!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:51 AM