none
Enable Adobe Flash Player on Windows Server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I followed a procedure indicated by a product vendor for Adobe Flash activation.

However, now the message appears that the RDS will work for 119 days.

On this server I only do administrative access, it is not an RDP for multiple users.

Will I continue to have administrative access after 119 days?

1- Using Server Manager, Add Role & Feature, Role Based or Feature-Based installation.
    2 - On the Select Server Roles page, select the Remote Desktop Services check box under Roles.
    3 - On the Remote Desktop Services page, click Next.
    4 - On the Select Role Services page, select the Remote Desktop Session Host check box, and then click Next.
    5 - Reboot the server after installation.

Thank you.
    Saturday, July 13, 2019 3:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The notification seemed to be the Grace Period related info when users(without CAL) remoted to a RDP session host server.

Once you followed the 5 steps to install the RDS session host role, it means you have deployed part of the RDS environment.

To double confirm this, you may use below command to check if RDS related roles have been installed on your server 2016.

Get-RDServer

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/remotedesktop/get-rdserver?view=win10-ps

If you won't need two more users to remote to server Simultaneously, you can type in mstsc:/admin to ensure that you are in admin mode and let us know if you still have the notification of Grace period.

Windows Server - How to Connect to an Administrative Console Session via Remote Desktop

https://www.dell.com/support/article/sg/en/sgdhs1/sln266123/windows-server-how-to-connect-to-an-administrative-console-session-via-remote-desktop?lang=en

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Thanks,

Jenny

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 15, 2019 6:14 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update? Please feel free to let us know if more assistance needed.

Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Jenny

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:53 AM
  • Hi,

The notification seemed to be the Grace Period related info when users(without CAL) remoted to a RDP session host server.

Once you followed the 5 steps to install the RDS session host role, it means you have deployed part of the RDS environment.

To double confirm this, you may use below command to check if RDS related roles have been installed on your server 2016.

Get-RDServer

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/remotedesktop/get-rdserver?view=win10-ps

If you won't need two more users to remote to server Simultaneously, you can type in mstsc:/admin to ensure that you are in admin mode and let us know if you still have the notification of Grace period.

Windows Server - How to Connect to an Administrative Console Session via Remote Desktop

https://www.dell.com/support/article/sg/en/sgdhs1/sln266123/windows-server-how-to-connect-to-an-administrative-console-session-via-remote-desktop?lang=en

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hello,

so that means that if I need to use this option to work with my tool to use adobe flash, it is mandatory after the periods to use mstsc: / admin.

This is very strange, especially from the application.

Otherwise I could not log in only with mstsc only?

Thank you.
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:46 PM
  • Hi,

1.it is mandatory after the periods to use mstsc: / admin.

When deployed RDS roles, it is required RDS CAL to manage several remote sessions simultaneously. Before you buy the RDS CAL,  MS will give you 120 days: Grace period to experience this service.

As you mentioned before, you don’t need concurrent session and already installed the RDS roles, thus we suggest you to use admin log in command instead of RDS CALs.

2.Otherwise I could not log in only with mstsc only?

While installed RDS roles, mstsc is common access to remote sessions but not administrative access to session host.

Thanks,

Jenny

Friday, July 19, 2019 2:18 AM