none
Need to install Windows media player on Windows Server 2012 Release Candidate. Many apps requires specifically Windows media player.

Answers

All replies

• Add Feature ... User Interface and Infrastructure ... Desktop Experience. This is similar to Server 2008 R2.
    Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:07 PM
  • Thanks for the heads up
    Friday, July 20, 2012 8:35 AM
  • Add Feature ... User Interface and Infrastructure ... Desktop Experience. This is similar to Server 2008 R2.
    doesn't work with N edition of Windows Server 2012, windows media features are not included in Desktop Experience.
    Saturday, November 3, 2012 9:54 PM
  •   Probably the EU won't permit it.

Bill

Saturday, November 3, 2012 10:17 PM
  • Selecting Add Feature ... User Interfaces and Infrastructure ... Desktop Experience didn't work for me. No sign of Windows Media player and still receive missing WMVCore.dll missing errors.

You need to open the subnodes of User Interfaces and Infrastructure and select Desktop Experience to install Media Player.

--rj

Microsoft Access 2010 In Depth (QUE Publishing)
    OakLeaf Blog
    Access 2010 Blog
    Amazon Author Blog

Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:44 PM
  • I had the desktop experience installed (in Win 2012 Essentials R2), and took a run at opening up streaming through Media Player, but had been unable to get my Denon receiver to find it.

This evening, I tried configuring streaming on Win 7 and it was a piece of cake. It detected my receiver and showed it on the device list on the local network, along with "Media programs on this PC and remote connections...". But I don't want it on my desktop PC, I want it on my server.

The server shows nothing but "Media players on this computer" on its device list. I've configured the firewall to enable anything relating to the media player to come through, and even tried turning the firewall off. No go.

What might I be missing?

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:16 AM
  • Sorry, too late to be useful likely, but you need to turn on the windows audio service and set it to automatic. Maybe it will help the next person.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:46 AM
  • I have a server here that will not install WMP with Desktop Experience

The machine is a VM that requires the application for a Media Distribution solution
    • Edited by Dyc3 Monday, April 13, 2015 3:02 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mustafa ERTUS Thursday, April 21, 2016 6:14 PM
    Monday, April 13, 2015 3:01 AM
  • Windows Server 2012 - Server Manager >> Feature Install > Media Foundation > Restart > User Interface & Infra/Desktop Experience > Restart - Done!
    Friday, April 22, 2016 2:29 AM